Dear Damsels is a platform for female writers, and we’re always looking for new contributors to join our collective.
Our aim is to publish a whole range of voices and writing styles and we accept most kinds of writing, but there are a few things to note:
- We only accept submissions that are emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting, please put the monthly theme in the subject line, along with the title and your author name, and attach your contribution as a Word or Google document (no PDFs please). A two-sentence synopsis of the piece is always helpful, and please also include details of your social media handles, blogs and/or websites, so we can link to them when promoting your piece and supply a short biography if it’s your first time contributing.
- Your submission must be of your own work.
- Your submission cannot have been published on any other writing platform, aside from personal blogs and websites. If your submission has been previously published on your personal blog, please provide us with a link to said post.
- We accept all forms of writing – fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, essays, stories, opinion, satire, flash fiction, haikus, lyrics . . . if you have something to say we want to hear from you.
- For prose, we accept three different lengths of writing – short (200-400 words), medium (400-600 words) and long (600-800 words). However, what’s more important is that we get a chance to read your work, so if you’re unsure of where your submission fits, please still send it in for our team to have a look at.
- Generally, there’s no limit on how many pieces you can submit – however, we’ll never post more than two pieces per writer, per month. The exception to this rule is a collection of multiple poems, as we might combine them into one post.
- We will email you to let you know if your submission has been accepted, and if we have any editorial changes that we’d like you to make. We aim to reply to submissions within 14 days, and will always reply before the theme launches at the beginning of each month.
Terms of Service for Dear Damsels
Unless stated, www.deardamsels.com (in this terms of service referred to as Dear Damsels) and/or its licensors and contributors own the intellectual property rights for content published on this website and materials used on Dear Damsels. All these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not use Dear Damsels in any way that causes, or may cause damage to the website or it’s contributers and readers, or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
In these terms of service, “your content” means material that you submit to this website.
You grant Dear Damsels a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish and distribute your content in any existing or future media. Dear Damsels reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on its servers, hosted and published on this website.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal right and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action.