We’re always looking for new female voices to join our collective
As a platform championing female writing, our aim is to publish a complete range of voices and writing styles. For that reason, we accept most kinds of writing (but before you submit to us, there are a few things to note below).
How it works
Every month we open submissions on a new theme by posting a monthly letter. Our past themes have included transit, desire, tribe and nourish (and you can find all past responses to our themes in our archive). Unfortunately it isn’t possible for us to feature everything submitted to us, but we’ll always give you full feedback either way and if we can’t fit your piece into one theme, we may ask to consider it for another upcoming theme.
Guidelines for submitting
We accept all forms of writing – fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, essays, stories, opinion, satire, flash fiction, haikus, lyrics . . . if you have something to say we want to hear from you!
However, we only accept submissions that are emailed to email@example.com in the following format:
- Please state the monthly theme in the subject line, along with the title and your author name, and attach your contribution as a Word or Google document (PDFs won’t be accepted).
- Please also supply a short biography if it’s your first time submitting (and even if it’s not, it’s useful to have the latest version!) as well as details of your social media handles, blogs and/or web pages, so we can link to them when promoting your piece.
- The title of the submitted piece must not be the same as the theme name.
All pieces must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your submission must be of your own work.
- Your submission cannot have been published on any other writing platform, aside from personal blogs and websites. If your submission has been previously published on your personal blog, please provide us with a link to the post.
- There’s no limit on how many times you can submit to DD, however, we cannot accept more than two pieces per writer, per month. The exception to this rule is a collection of poems, which we may be able to combine into one post.
Not sure whether your piece is right for DD? Send it to us anyway! What’s most important to us is the chance to read your work, so if you’re unsure of where your submission fits, please still send it in for our team to have a look at.
Terms of Service for Dear Damsels
Unless stated, www.deardamsels.com (in this terms of service referred to as Dear Damsels) and/or its licensors and contributors own the intellectual property rights for content published on this website and materials used on Dear Damsels. All these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not use Dear Damsels in any way that causes, or may cause damage to the website or it’s contributers and readers, or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
In these terms of service, “your content” means material that you submit to this website.
You grant Dear Damsels a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish and distribute your content in any existing or future media. Dear Damsels reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on its servers, hosted and published on this website.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal right and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action.